Monday, April 2, 2012

Meatloaf by Seth, a family pleasing recipe



"I don't want to make meatloaf, you do it. Cook on Bro' is stupid. You do 'Cook on mama'!" and so it went, & goes, most of the time it's Seth's turn to cook. The joys of my teen in the kitchen. "Can't I just make eggs?" Said after he'd eaten about 6 already yesterday. "No Seth, you can't." :)

Anyway, once he got going he did just fine. After all it took about 5 minutes with just a few ingredients to dump, mix and put in a loaf pan. Other than the pampered chef garlic press lesson that is. Seth was ready to throw the whole clove in!

"Ewww I don't want to mix that with my hands!" All the sudden he's Mr. Sanitary. So mom got a great idea; "Let's use some of Dad's McKesson surgical gloves!" As Seth was putting them on I started singing..."throw your hands in the air like you don't care...". His response?!? "How 'bout I throw a finger in the air..." We both had a good chuckle off that one. :) As much as he complains about our Cook on 'Bro experiment, Mike and I both see evidence that Seth in particular is becoming more and more confident and comfortable in the kitchen. Easy recipes like this one help for sure.

Yep, it's a food .com recipe, #47696. Simply titled "Meatloaf". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment