Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One of MY all time favorites-Mexican Lasagna



Thanks to www.food.com (#17954 Mexican Lasagna) I was able to retrieve this gem of a recipe. It's been a few years since I made it and I had since misplaced my copy. I remember it going over well with all 4 of us, and that it was one of the few that also qualify as "light"(er than most) and healthy. As you can see from one of the photos, I can top it with all the veggies I want so it's a win-win for all.

Simple to follow and fun to assemble, it was great for Cade to prepare. Other than a few skillet sauce splatters (thankfully he had on a dark hoodie), it turned out terrific. He genuinely enjoyed layering the ingredients, browning the turkey, and going back for seconds! Got to throw in a math lesson or two as well, for example 7, 1/4 c servings in a can of sauce. Recipe asked for 1 1/2 cups. Will you have some left and how much? We need to work on our math skills....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment